Below you will find links to articles, books, research, videos and other resources that you may find helpful.
- Dr. Bob Moore’s article in the July 2015 TIRA Newsletter: A Quick Look Under the Hood: The Amygdala, Hippocampus and Traumatic Memories
- Highly recommended! – I’m the one who will believe you – the transformative power of trusting our kids’ emotions – “Remarkable things happen when we trust the emotions in front of us and practice staying present without judging or trying to fix.”
- Excellent article! – What it means to “hold space” for people, plus eight tips on how to do it well – “Holding space is not something that’s exclusive to facilitators, coaches, or palliative care nurses. It is something that ALL of us can do for each other – for our partners, children, friends, neighbours, and even strangers who strike up conversations as we’re riding the bus to work.”
- International Society for Ethical Psychology & Psychiatry (light at the end of the tunnel)
- Traumatic Incident Reduction Intervention Summary on SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices
- TIR Case Studies
- TIR Interviews
- TIR Research
- The federal government’s Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Center for Trauma-Informed Care considers The Trauma Resolution Center in Miami, Florida the ”gold standard” of trauma resolution programs and funded this educational film about the agency.
- Listening to Killers: Bringing Developmental Psychology into the Courtroom in Murder Cases (one hour video – worth every minute)
Adverse Childhood Experiences Study