Do you beat yourself up when …
- you say or do something you feel you shouldn’t have
- you don’t say of do something you feel you should have
- you realize you did something that offended or hurt someone you care about
- think back on things you cannot change but wish like heck you could
- you don’t know how to do something that seems easy for everyone else
- you’ve spent money you don’t have and the credit card bill arrives
- you’ve crossed a line you knew felt wrong to you
- you drank too much and acted like a fool
- etc. etc. etc.
Here’s a tool that I use from time to time that just might help you out with this … Emotional Freedom Technique aka EFT or Tapping.
If you are new to tapping, please watch this video so you understand what it is about: Intro to EFT – Tapping with Brad Yates
Also, there are lots of articles online about this topic, here’s just one of them … 5 Ways to Stop Beating Yourself Up
As a Life Coach, I help people feel better about themselves so they can live the kind of life they want. If you are intereted in learning and growing, I would like to offer you a complimentary 30-minute coaching session. Just click HERE to send me a message with 2-3 dates and times that you are available and I’ll confirm with you.
Note for Christians: Many years ago, I heard something in church that REALLY helped me to NEVER beat up on myself EVER, EVER AGAIN! And, wouldn’t you know, right after I heard that I was put to the test. [I backed my car into my husband’s work truck right in our own driveway! Two accidents in one … how fun … NOT! Now, that’s some good fodder for beating one’s self up, right? WRONG!] I’m happy to share that hot tip with you, just ask.
Please let me know if this article was helpful to you. If you found it useful, please share the link with others.